Previously in another lesson we looked at the Radial Menu for standard placement of objects into a scene but now we will focus more on Design Tools. These tools allow for advanced placement of Roads or Ropes within your scene.
1. For this section we will begin by opening the Stomp Em sample to paint out a path within our scene.
2. With Stomp Em open we can look to the left side of the screen and notice the Design Tools within the viewport. To begin we will click on the Grab Tool.
3. The way the Grab Tool works is that if an object has rigid body physics applied to it.
Having successfully selected the object you should see it bouncing around the scene!
4. Next, we will take a look at the Rope Tool and how we can draw out a spline-based rope that reacts with physics.
5. Similar to the Rope Tool we will next have a look at the Path Tool and draw out a spline on the water plane to see how it reacts.
6. Diving into the Path Tool a little bit more we can double tap on the individual points and be greeted with the Radial Menu. We can now use the Move Tool to move each point in 3D space.
7. Moving on from the Path Tool we will visit the last selection in the Design Tools which is the Spline Tool. Drawing this out in a similar fashion will give you the base setup the Roal Tool was built around.
8. We have successfully used a couple of the Design Tools and now you as a creator can shift beyond the series and go about making your own scenes inside of Sceneri!
🎨 Sample Projects
Please be sure to submit issues or feature requests through the embedded TestFlight feedback form. In the event it is a major issue please contact us directly through Discord.