Whether you are creating a small world or some large environment, inevitably you will come across needing to position your objects int your scene. Here we will focus on the adding and positioning of objects within a scene.
In this section, we will begin by placing Objects (geometry) into our basic level.
💡 Creating a Project
🚦 Viewport Basics
1. Make sure to have the Solaris scene open.
2. Fly over to the left side and select the Pillar against the wall.
3. Next, with the Pillar selected click on the Delete icon in the Radial Menu to remove the Pillar from the scene.
Now that we have successfully deleted the pillar we can use the Asset Browser to replace it!
5. Next, expand the Asset Browser in the bottom left of the screen by clicking the folder and magnifying glass icon.
6. With the Asset Browser open scroll down by selecting inbetween the thumbnails and swiping your finger up and down.
7. With your finger over the pillar thumbnail press down and then drag out to the left in the viewport.
8. With the Pillar selected activate Snapping (X,Y) in the top left menu and then move the Pillar into position as shown.
9. Moving forward let's add a Crate into the scene to change its material.
9. With the Crate in the viewport we can drag the Blue Material from the Asset Browser over the Crates secondary color.
10. For the final step in this section of the onboarding we will remove the Floor pieces using the Delete icon like the Pillar and then we will activate the Paint Tool on the remaining Floor and click with (X,Y) Snapping enabled.
11. Now having successfully removed and added the flooring we can jump into the Additional Tools lesson to explore design tools in your scene!
🎨 Sample Projects
🚀 Release Notes
Please be sure to submit issues or feature requests through the embedded TestFlight feedback form. In the event it is a major issue please contact us directly through Discord.