In computer graphics, FPS or frames per second is the number of frames that a video game or other animation renders or displays in one second. A higher FPS typically results in smoother animation, while a lower FPS can result in choppier animation.
Here are some of the benefits of having a high FPS in computer graphics:
- Smoother animation: A higher FPS typically results in smoother animation. This is because there are more frames being rendered or displayed each second, which means that the animations are less likely to be choppy.
- Reduced motion blur: A higher FPS can also reduce motion blur. Motion blur occurs when the object that is being displayed is moving quickly. A higher FPS can help to reduce motion blur by displaying more frames of the animation each second.
- Improved reaction time: A higher FPS can also improve reaction time. This is because the player will be able to see more frames of the animation each second, which means that they will have more time to react to what is happening in the game.
However, there are also some drawbacks to having a high FPS in computer graphics:
- Increased hardware requirements: A higher FPS typically requires more powerful hardware. This is because the graphics card and CPU need to be able to render or display more frames each second.
- Reduced visual quality: A higher FPS can sometimes reduce visual quality. This is because the graphics card and CPU may not be able to render or display the frames at a high enough resolution or with a high enough level of detail.
- Increased input lag: A higher FPS can sometimes increase input lag. This is because the graphics card and CPU may need to spend more time rendering or displaying the frames, which can delay the input from the player's controller or keyboard.
Overall, FPS is an important factor in computer graphics. A higher FPS can typically result in smoother animation, reduced motion blur, and improved reaction time. However, a higher FPS also typically requires more powerful hardware and can sometimes reduce visual quality and increase input lag.
Please be sure to submit issues or feature requests through the embedded feedback form. In the event it is a major issue please contact us directly through Discord.