In geometry, pitch is the angle between the direction of a projectile and the horizontal plane. It is measured in degrees.
The pitch of a projectile can be calculated using the following formula:
- vy is the vertical velocity of the projectile
- vx is the horizontal velocity of the projectile
The pitch of a projectile affects its trajectory. A projectile with a high pitch will travel farther and higher than a projectile with a low pitch.
Here are some additional details about pitch:
- The pitch of a projectile can be positive or negative. A positive pitch means that the projectile is angled upwards, while a negative pitch means that the projectile is angled downwards.
- The pitch of a projectile can be changed by changing the angle of the launch. A higher launch angle will result in a higher pitch, while a lower launch angle will result in a lower pitch.
- The pitch of a projectile can also be changed by changing the velocity of the projectile. A faster projectile will have a higher pitch than a slower projectile.
Pitch is an important factor in the design of projectiles. For example, the pitch of a football is important for determining how far it will travel and how high it will bounce. The pitch of a baseball is important for determining how much curve it will have.
Please be sure to submit issues or feature requests through the embedded feedback form. In the event it is a major issue please contact us directly through Discord.